Our aim is to find every animal the best home that is suitable for him or her. We try to make this process as easy as possible for you, and ourselves.
Before you can take an animal home there are three things that have to be completed:
- We will arrange a home check to ascertain that your home is suitable for the animal
- You should visit the animal in their fosterer’s home
- You must sign our legally binding Adoption Contract
The terms of the Adoption Contract include:
- You are over 18 years of age.
- You are competent to undertake complete responsibility for the animal.
- You undertake the responsibility to feed and house the animal as a family pet.
- You give us the name of your vet.
- You will provide regular qualified veterinary treatment and additional treatment when needed.
- You will keep all vaccinations up to date.
- You agree that no change of ownership will take place without the permission of Anim-Mates.
- Anim-Mates reserves the right to reclaim the animal if, in our opinion, the terms of the Adoption Contract are not being adhered to.
- You will permit Anim-Mates to visit your house to ensure all is well with your pet.
The terms of the Adoption Contract also include:
- Your cat must be kept indoors for at least 3 weeks.
- Your kitten will be neutered by the time it is 5 months old and must be kept indoors until after it is neutered.
Before leaving our care your cat or kitten will be microchipped, neutered (if old enough) and will have started their vaccinations.
Anim-Mates will be there for help and support throughout the animal’s life.
Anim-Mates does not, in any circumstances, sell animals. However, a minimum donation to our funds is requested to help defray the costs we incur for medical treatment, neutering, vaccination, flea and worm treatments, microchipping, bedding and food for the animals while in our care prior to rehoming. Last year we spent over £45,600 on medical treatment and nearly £14,000 on food and bedding for the animals.
The minimum donations are:
Kittens £80 each
Neutered cats £80 each
For elderly cats, donations are at your discretion.
Rabbits £50 each
Guinea pigs £30 each
Dogs £200 each